41. What is difference b/w Hardlink & Softlink?
* Hard link is direct pointer to a file, but Soft link
is indirect pointer to a file.
42. List Directory handling system calls?
43. What is Filelocking & Recordlocking?
* File locking locks on entire file where record locking allows a processeer to lock a specified portion of a file.
44. List types of locking?
* Advisory locking & Mandatory locking.
45. What is process image?
* It contains user program, user data,stack,PCB.
46. Define PCB?
* Process control block is used to control process states.
47. Define process attributes?
* Process has a series of characteristics which are called as a process attributes.
48. List process states?
* Ready, Execution, Suspend, Stopped, Zombie.
49. Define Zombie process?
* The child process terminates while before the parent dies.
50. Define Orphan process?
* The parent process wants to terminate before the child process.
51. List process management functions?
* fork,vfork,exit,wait,waitpid,exec family ,system.
52. What is vfork?
* It is a virtual fork.
53. Define Signal?
* Signal is a software interrupt.
54. Define Reliable signal?
* Signal is generated by process when event occurs that causes the signal occurs.
55. Define Unreliable signal?
* Signals that cannot be identified.
56. What is IPC?
* Inter process communication describes different ways of msg passing b/w different processes that are running on some o/s.
57. List methods of IPC?
* Pipes, FIFO’s, Msgqueues, Semaphores,Shared m/y.
58. List types of pipes?
* Unidirectional & Bidirectional pipes.
59. What is Unidirectional pipe?
* Single directional flow of data.
60. What is Bidirectional pipe?
* Bi directional flow of data.
More Pages 1 2 3 4
|Note: If any materials or notes or books or lab programs not run or link failure you can now search from the following box ,it will directly download all files. This is new file server|
- jntu cse all materials
- jntu comprehensive viva questions
- M.Tech (cse)
- dbms viva questions & answers
- free Competition exams English books
- jntu btech R09 syllabus books
- EEE 3-2 text books
- RELIABILITY ENGINEERING AND APPLICATIONS TO POWER SYSTEMS Syllabus
- Compiler Design Viva Questions
- UNIX Network Programming by W.Richard Stevens.