Linux programming VIVA QUESTIONS
1. Define Unix?
* To develop an o/s that could serve a large community of users & allow them to share data when ever they require.
2. Define Linux?
* It is a freely distributed implementation of unix like kernel, the low level core of an o/s.
3. What is an Operating System?
* It is a s/w program design to act as an interface b/w user & the computer.
4. List types of o/s ?
* Single user o/s, Multi user o/s, Network o/s.
5. Define features of Linux?
* Multi user capability, Multi task capability,
Communication, Security, Portable.
6. What is Kernel & Shell?
* Kernel is an o/s that provides services like file s/m , memory mgt, CPU scheduling, I/O mgt.
* Shell is an mediator or command interpreter.
7. List types of Shells?
* Bourne shell, C shell, Korn shell.
8. Define Vi editor?
* Vi is text editor.
9. List modes of vi editor?
* Command mode, Insert mode, Exit mode.
10. What is Process?
* A program in execution.
11. List types of Process Status?
* Fore ground process, Back ground process.
12. Define awk?
* It is a powerful native text & manipulation utility.
13. What is sed?
* It is a stream editor & multipurpose tool which combines the work of several filters.
14. What is Script?
* It is a textual form.
15. Define Shell Script?
*A group of commands which stored in one file called Shell script.
16. Define pipe?
* It is a buffer & stores o/p of one action as an i/p to another action.
17. List i/p & o/p redirections?
* Standard i/p, Standard o/p, Standard error.
18. Define Stream& Here document?
* It is simply a sequence of bytes.
* It is a way of passing i/p to a cmd from a shell script.
19. What are Shell MetaCharacters?
* File name Substitution, I/O Redirection,
Process Execution, Quoting Meta characters,
Positional parameters, Special characters.
20. Define Shell Variable?
*It provides ability to store & manipulate information with in the shell program.
More Pages 1 2 3 4
|Note: If any materials or notes or books or lab programs not run or link failure you can now search from the following box ,it will directly download all files. This is new file server|
- jntu cse all materials
- jntu btech R09 syllabus books
- free Competition exams English books
- RELIABILITY ENGINEERING AND APPLICATIONS TO POWER SYSTEMS Syllabus
- M.Tech (cse)
- Management Science-All 8 Units Notes
- Software Project management (SPM) Notes
- SOCIAL NETWORKS AND SEMANTIC WEB :Syllabus
- jntu comprehensive viva questions
- Compiler Design Viva Questions