DIGITAL LOGIC DESIGN
BINARY SYSTEMS : Digital Systems, Binary Numbers, Number base conversions, Octal and Hexadecimal Numbers, complements, Signed binary numbers, Binary codes, Binary Storage and Registers, Binary logic.
BOOLEAN ALGEBRA AND LOGIC GATES : Basic Definitions, Axiomatic definition of Boolean Algebra, Basic theorems and properties of Boolean algebra, Boolean functions canonical and standard forms, other logic operations, Digital logic gages, integrated circuits.
GATE – LEVEL MINIMIZATION : The map method, Four-variable map, Five-Variable map, product of sums simplification Don’t-care conditions, NAND and NOR implementation other Two-level implementnations, Exclusive – Or function, Hardward Description language (HDL).
UNIT - IV
COMBINATIONAL LOGIC : Combinational Circuits, Analysis procedure Design procedure, Binary Adder-Subtractor Decimal Adder, Binary multiplier, magnitude comparator, Decoders, Encoders, Multiplexers, HDL for combinational circuits.
UNIT - V
SYNCHRONOUS SEQUENTIAL LOGIC : Sequential circuits, latches, Flip-Flops Analysis of clocked sequential circuits, HDL for sequential circuits, State Reduction and Assignment, Design Procedure.
UNIT - VI
Registers, shift Registers, Ripple counters synchronous counters, other counters, HDL for Registers and counters.
UNIT - VII
Introduction, Random-Access Memory, Memory Decoding, Error Detection and correction Read-only memory, Programmable logic Array programmable Array logic, Sequential Programmable Devices.
ASYNCHRONOUS SEQUENTIAL LOGIC : Introduction, Analysis Procedure, Circuits with Latches, Design Procedure, Reduciton of state and Flow Tables, Race-Free state Assignment Hazards, Design Example.
TEXT BOOKS :
1. DIGITAL DESIGN – Third Edition , M.Morris Mano, Pearson Education/PHI.
2. FUNDAMENTALS OF LOGIC DESIGN, Roth, 5th Edition,Thomson.
1. Switching and Finite Automata Theory by Zvi. Kohavi, Tata McGraw Hill.
2. Switching and Logic Design, C.V.S. Rao, Pearson Education
3. Digital Principles and Design – Donald D.Givone, Tata McGraw Hill, Edition.
4. Fundamentals of Digital Logic & Micro Computer Design , 5TH Edition, M. Rafiquzzaman John Wiley