MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS AND FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
INTRODUCTION TO MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS : Definition, Nature and Scope Managerial Economics–Demand Analysis: Demand Determinants, Law of Demand and its exceptions.
ELASTICITY OF DEMAND : Definition, Types, Measurement and Significance of Elasticity of Demand. Demand Forecasting, Factors governing demand forecasting, methods of demand forecasting (survey methods, statistical methods, expert opinion method, test marketing, controlled experiments, judgmental approach to demand forecasting).
THEORY OF PRODUCTION AND COST ANALYSIS : Production Function – Isoquants and Isocosts, MRTS, Least Cost Combination of Inputs, Production function, Laws of Returns, Internal and External Economies of Scale.
Cost Analysis : Cost concepts,
INTRODUCTION TO MARKETS & PRICING STRATEGIES : Market structures: Types of competition, Features of Perfect competition, Monopoly and Monopolistic Competition. Price-Output Determination in case of Perfect Competition and Monopoly. Pricing Strategies
BUSINESS & NEW ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT : Characteristic features of Business, Features and evaluation of Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Joint Stock Company, Public Enterprises and their types, Changing Business Environment in Post-liberalization scenario.
CAPITAL AND CAPITAL BUDGETING : Capital and its significance, Types of Capital, Estimation of Fixed and Working capital requirements, Methods and sources of raising finance. Nature and scope of capital budgeting, features of capital budgeting proposals, Methods of Capital Budgeting: Payback Method, Accounting Rate of Return (ARR) and Net Present Value Method (simple problems).
INTRODUCTION TO FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING : Double-Entry Book Keeping, Journal, Ledger, Trial Balance- Final Accounts (Trading Account, Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet with simple adjustments).
FINANCIAL ANALYSIS THROUGH RATIOS : Computation, Analysis and Interpretation of Liquidity Ratios (Current Ratio and quick ratio), Activity Ratios (Inventory turnover ratio and Debtor Turnover ratio), Capital structure Ratios (Debt-Equity ratio, Interest Coverage ratio), and Profitability ratios (Gross Profit Ratio, Net Profit ratio, Operating Ratio, P/E Ratio and EPS).
1. Managerial Economics and Financial Analysis – Aryasri, TMH,2/E, 2005.
2. Managerial Economics - Varshney & Maheswari, Sultan Chand, 2003.
1. Financial Accounting for Management - Ambrish Gupta, Pearson Education,
2. Financial Accounting - Schaum’s Outlines, Shim &Siegel,TMH, 2/E,2004
3. Production and Operations Management – Chary, TMH, 3/e, 2004.
4. Managerial Economics In a Global Economy - Domnick Salvatore, Thomson, 4th Edition 2003.
5. Financial Accounting—A Managerial Perspective – Narayanaswamy, PHI, 2005
6. Managerial Economics - Peterson & Lewis, Pearson Education, 4th Edition, 2004
7. Managerial Economics& Financial Analysis - Raghunatha Reddy & Narasimhachary, Scitech, 2005.
8. Financial Accounting - S.N.Maheswari & S.K. Maheswari, Vikas, 2005.
9. Managerial Economics:Analysis, Problems and Cases - Truet and Truet, Wiley, 2004.
10. Managerial Economics – Dwived, Vikas, 6th Ed.,2002
11. Managerial Economics - Yogesh Maheswari, PHI, 2nd Ed., 2nd Ed. 2005.